Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sanity Beach Walk and Dolphins


Part of my creative process is my daily sanity walk, rain or shine, to and along the beach.  Fresh air, the different moods and colors of the ocean and sky, and the power of my feet and legs pushing off the ground help me think.  Ideas come to me.  Or old ones replay in a loop.  Or I release extra energy ranging from frustration and anger to happiness and excitement.

Tonight there were dolphins really, really close to the beach.  Jumping into the air and dropping back, nose first, or rising out of the ocean, three together, nose up.  Magical.

One evening when it was not just low tide but minus tide AND fires were raging in nearby Big Sur, sending lots of smoke, I handed my phone to a man taking photos nearby and asked that he take my photo.  The photo above was the result.



No comments:

Post a Comment