Friday, July 18, 2014

Filmmaker Anniversary

Today is my one-year anniversary!  On July 18, 2013 I uploaded my first narrative short film to YouTube after swearing I would only ever shoot in a documentary style. 

I've made 6 narrative short films in 12 months, and only because serious illness kept me from making more.  It kept me from walking, let alone holding a camera, for quite some time, but that's another story altogether. 

This first attempt did not include a script or dialogue.  I tried to control every detail.  Hahaha. Poor, naive, younger Zee!  It was my first experience working with actors and having an original score written and recorded for one of my projects.  It was great to have people do the same thing as many times as I wanted without questioning me, and fantastic to have made-to-order music.  I'd met the blond actress at a find-money-for-filmmaking workshop, and the music composer in a class on audio recording.  It was all very exciting.

For your viewing pleasure:

No comments:

Post a Comment